Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Words Are Too Shallow

Words Are Too Shallow

I see the way he entered our lives
The joys and thrills that we felt
The clown outfit we bought for almost nothing
The Noah's Ark shelf
The Noah's Ark nightlight
Just little things all over our lives

Do you know just how much he means to me
He are my only son
He bears my name
He were handsome in your young form
He are a part of me even now

The feelings that I have are so real
I, of course feel sad, and angry
But I also feel proud, and in awe
I have happiness and joy
My feelings range across the spectrum

Today I have been numb and depressed
And enthused, and compassionate
The ironic part of this is that
None of the words above can capture
What it is that I feel

Words are too shallow, too light
They are shorthand to try and explain
To another a sample of the workings internal
I can't take you there, I can't show you in words
I can't show you at all, but in reflection in dim light

Can you explain your joy or sadness in our life?
What color is the happiness you find?
I find things around my life that remind me of him
And try and convey them to you
I wish I could let you see through my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment