Wednesday, February 25, 2009

At the Precipice of Life

At the Precipice of Life

The avalanche of memories have roared over me
One thought connecting to another from long ago
The many times I have felt hopeless in the face of life
Often times feeling helpless to change
Praying for relief and comfort
Yet, finding only the briar filled path ahead
I have been here on this path before and hated it
I don't like the sharp edges and mangled vines
Two feet forward and stop, backup, and just wait
This action fails to produce the results for which it should
That action completely backfires
I feel like sitting down and stopping, just waste away
Why go forward if I will be back here again
Why grieve to be able to grieve another time
Over a different loss
Each loss is different and each is the same
What is it that I must do?
Define the purpose of this trial.
Tear the heart from my chest
Send me to grieve and mourn
And then tear my repaired heart out
And send back to grieve more
The sun loses its brilliance with each return
Grief kills my happiness and I can't mourn that
At the precipice of life, I remain waiting
Feet immobile in the ground, rooted in my faith
I understand the line "take this cup for I dare not drink it's poison"
I want to give up and can't give up, Helpless

No comments:

Post a Comment