Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Friend When Needed

A Friend When Needed

Hello my friend, thanks for being here
I have counted on you many days
And thanked God so many times
For your understanding and compassion
You did not try and advise me how to grieve
But sat still and cried with me
You did not try and resolve you agenda
But you moved with me as I resolved mine
You called my son by name
And you said you were sorry he was gone
You stuck it out even as others faded away
With their so called support
You asked how my wife and I were doing
Acknowledging my pain as well as my wife's

I watch as tears run down your cheeks as you read
Poems that catch one tenth the pain I feel
The tears of grief that you are feeling with me
The courage to extend one's self into pain
Marks the noble quality in your soul
For it is not your loss, but yet you choose to share it
Wading through the mire with me, gentle support
In a world where the faster the better
You took it slow and easy and didn't rush

My son would have liked you, and as he watches
I am sure he is pleased. That you have helped
His father in the most trying of times
The words Thank you just can't convey
The depth of gratitude that I feel for the
Friendship you have bestowed upon me
I may never get the chance to say all that
My heart and soul are feeling
But I wanted to let you know that
You are appreciated, God Bless you friend

No comments:

Post a Comment