Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Goal of Faith

The Goal of Faith


What is the goal of faith
I don't want streets of gold
Or diamond encrusted anything
I would be happy in a field
Of grass in the cool of spring

What is the goal of a relationship with God
So much I hear is me, me, me, me, me
I don't care to be rewarded
What needs do you have?

How can I in good conscience
Seek the treasures in Heaven
When others don't have here

I was once narrow sighted
When I thought that my faith
Was a personal connection with God

Then my son died, and I felt
The connection with God change
From a child to a father myself
My perspective became different

Would I want my son to focus
Solely on me, or towards others?
So in my connection to God
Would God want me to focus
Solely on him, or on helping others?

No comments:

Post a Comment