Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I talked about you today

I talked about you today
To remind them that you lived
The listener tried to understand
That which was not to her

It felt good to mention your name
And know that others were aware
That you did live among us
But if for only a short time.

I checked the flowers today
The yellow daffodils
They are growing strong
And look so beautiful

I felt the pain of grief
In the pit of my core
As I realized that one
Of your mother's roses has died.

I thought of you today as
I imagined carving a box
Of walnut and cedar
To hold your precious items

I wished you happiness
Wherever you are
As I thought of the candles
Within a glass jar

I missed you today
I wanted to know you were here
But you're gone
But for the mention of your name

I will tell someone tomorrow
Of the love I have so true
As I try and help the listeners
Learn more about you

No comments:

Post a Comment