Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How's the baby?

How's the baby?


I gave you a giant hug for a friend missed
You asked how's the baby?
The world stops


You don't know do you?
How do I say it this time?
How will you respond?
Shall I be blunt?
The baby died.
Maybe we have lost the baby
Where? Can we find it?
The baby perished as a result of the interaction….
How should I tell you?

It hurts to see the expression change
From happy and enthused
To the look that says the loss
Has left you wordless and confused
That is not the legacy that my son
Should bring to others

I want him to bring the smile and laughter
The bounce of life abundant
The hope of the future wrapped up
In a little boy
Instead his life brings grief and hurt
At the mention of his name
Is it uncomfortable to you?

Let me say as the father of that
Little boy, my little man
He was the most beautiful baby
In my hands, across the land
His kicks were strong
His reaction to my voice predictable
His days were filled with love
And warmth, nurtured by the mother

His death was a shock, a tragedy
The tears have flowed and soaked
The pillows and shirts and tissues
But the love we shared will last
A lifetime.

I guess you haven't heard
Our baby died.

No comments:

Post a Comment