Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Balance

The Balance

There are moments now when I laugh
I enjoy a good joke, much like before
I like to look at flowers and the birth of plants new
I marvel at the birds singing to each other
The way the green buds of the trees
Sway in the breeze

I look at children laughing and playing
The cutest children giggling and laughing
How can I be sad in the face of such joy
The children look at me almost with a
Knowing gaze, piercing my soul

I march my eyes across the heavens
Seeing stars and planets move
Ever reminded that the world is changing
I know that things evolve and grow
And that I will also, as time goes on,
Return to my sense of humor
Wonderment and excitement in life

You might think that grief is always sad
And oft times it is
But it is like life, a balance of
Happy and sad, anger and joy
The pain rules in the beginning
But can not hold the wall against
Joyful sunshine and eternal love

No comments:

Post a Comment