Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Final Words

Lullaby and good night
May your dreams come true
Lullaby and good night
May all your wishes too
I love you Chandler
You are my first son
And you were very wanted
You left us too soon
And I miss you already
Your mother loves you very much
And Stephanie too

There was this little boy
Who was walking in the forest
He enjoyed the woods and trees
He felt safe and comfortable there
He like to run and could dart between
The tree and bushes easily
He could see the deer and the rabbits
And hear the sounds of the birds singing
He could see the green grasses
And the brown bark on the trees
He could feel the cool breeze and
Smell the fresh air

Chandler, that little boy is you.
You are in a safe place and free from harm
You go before us and I need
You to learn as much as you can
About the world beyond this one
When I get there, you can be my guide
Together we can run in the fields
And play in the grass.
You look for your grandfathers
And grandmothers, they will help you

I love you Chandler, my son.

( my recollection of my words as I
rocked my stillborn so the last time)

No comments:

Post a Comment